About Stephens & Associates
In 1989, Thomas J. Stephens, Ph.D. founded In Vitro Alternatives, Inc. in Carrollton, Texas. His efforts were in response to industry and community demand for cosmetic testing without using animals. The operation began as an in vitro laboratory with two employees. As industry demand grew to include clinical testing using human subjects, the number of testing facilities and employees grew as well. The name of the Company was changed to Thomas J. Stephens & Associates, Inc. (Stephens), when clinic operations expanded
Today, almost one hundred employees are serving clients from all parts of the world. Stephens has locations in Dallas, Texas and Phoenix, Arizona and partnerships with labs in Japan, South Korea, and India. Our clinical testing facilities are designed for the growth and expansion necessary to meet the specific needs of clients. Growth continues as the company expands its range of services and populations being tested.
Areas of Expertise
Stephens provides safety and efficacy testing and contract research services to pharmaceutical, device, cosmetic and personal care product companies worldwide. We have deep expertise in claim support, study design development, clinical grading, and bioinstrumentation and imaging technologies.
We are dedicated to the achievement of the following goals:
- Being the partner of choice to our clients with professional services of the highest quality and value
- Offering our employees opportunity for personal growth in an environment of professional excellence growing profitability to invest in our team members and client services
- Providing our study participants with a safe and rewarding customer service experience
- Integrity: Honest and forthright in everything we do and say with each other, clients and vendor/service providers
- Innovation: Application of creativity, originality and technology to deliver results
- Customer Focus: Driven to provide clients timely, high quality and objective services
- Respect: Respect for each other, clients, study participants, our Company and the regulations under which we operate our business
- Accountability: Obligation to take responsibility for one’s actions and follow through on one’s commitments
- Engagement: Provide opportunities for employees to enjoy the workplace and to grow in their careers
- Team Work: Work together to achieve Company goals with an attitude of respect, receptivity and cooperation