Antioxidant Sunscreen Study
Dallas Research Center: 1801 N. Glenville Dr., Suite 250 Richardson, Texas 75081
- Must be a nonsmoker.
- Must be willing to receive UV exposure on the back.
- Must have general uniform skin color on the lower back.
- Must be willing to have blood drawn to test for HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C, and having negative test results for these blood-borne pathogens.
- Must be willing to have seven 3mm-punch biopsies (a little more than the thickness of a nickel) taken from the lower back.
- Must NOT have any known atopic skin diseases or neurodermatitis.
- Cannot have been diagnosed with hepatitis or acute or chronic renal insufficiency.
- Cannot have a known abnormal responses to sunlight or artificial light sources, known sensitivities to sunscreens, or have been instructed by a physician, pharmacist, or health professional to avoid sunlight because of a medical condition and/or because of drug contraindications.
- Cannot have a medical history of allergy, hypersensitivity or any serious reaction to local antibiotic and antiseptic, local anesthesia, having any treatment which may affect the blood coagulation and hemostasis (anti-coagulant medications, etc), or a history of healing defects (hypertrophy, keloid scarring, etc).
- Cannot currently be participating in another study at Stephens, another research facility or doctor’s office
- Cannot have participated on a study at Stephens, another research facility or doctor’s office that involved:
- The face for 2 weeks
- A patch test for 3 weeks
- An SPF determination/UV exposure study for 2 months
- What is Fitzpatrick Skin Type? Determine your Fitzpatrick Skin Type Here!
Fill out the fields below to apply!
Please note: You must be using Safari, Firefox or Chrome to apply.
*All information you provide will be kept confidential, you may be contacted by telephone, and your information may be added to a database.