Venue: Dallas Research Center
Venue Phone: 833-530-7596Address:
1801 N. Glenville Drive, Richardson, Texas, 75081, United States
Compensation: You may be compensated up to $275 for time and travel.
Study Requirements (PLEASE READ – YOU MUST MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY):
- Female, 14 to 40 years of age.
- Having Fitzpatrick skin type III-VI Determine your type here!
- Must have mild to moderate acne.
- Must have 5-10 inflammatory acne lesions (red pimples) and 10 or more non-inflammatory acne lesions (blackheads) on the face.
- Must have the appearance of pores, oily/shiny skin, and dark spots/acne marks on the face.
- Must have mild to moderate acne marks/spots/post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Must have Normal, oily, or combination normal/oily (not dry) skin.
- 50% of subjects must have self-perceived sensitive skin.
- If under 18, having a parent or legal guardian who is 18 years of age or older and presents proof of guardianship (eg, insurance card, certificate of residence, or copy of officially issued family registration) at baseline visit.
- Must not have had any facial treatments in the past 6 months and are willing to withhold all facial treatments during the course of the study including facials, facial peels, photo facials, laser treatments, dermabrasion, botulinum toxin (Botox®), injectable filler treatments, intense pulsed light (IPL), acid treatments, tightening treatments, facial plastic surgery, or any other treatment administered by a physician or skin care professional designed to improve the appearance or firmness of facial skin. Waxing and threading are allowed but not facial laser hair removal.
- Cannot have been diagnosed with known allergies to facial skin care products.
- Cannot be nursing, pregnant, or planning to become pregnant.
- Cannot have a history of skin cancer within the past 5 years.
- Cannot be currently under the care of a physician for treatment of facial skin.
- Cannot be currently taking or have taken:
- Oral isotretinoin (Accutane®) within the last 6 months
- Oral or topical prescription medications for acne such as azelaic acid, benzoyl peroxide, Bactrim®, clindamycin, dapsone, Differin®, doxycycline, drospirenone, Epiduo®, erythromycin, minocycline, sodium sulfacetamide, spironolactone, tetracycline, and topical tretinoin (adapalene, Retin A®, Renova®, tazarotene), Vibramycin® within the last 30 days.
- Any systemic medication considered to affect the course of acne, specifically, but not exclusively, antibiotics or steroids, within the last 30 days.
- Any topical over-the-counter (OTC) acne products (eg, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and/or alpha/beta/poly-hydroxy products or medicated cleansers, wipes, masks, scrubs, gels and creams) or any facial treatment products containing retinol, retinaldehyde, retinyl esters, salicylic acid, and/or alpha/beta/poly-hydroxy products within the last 14 days.
- Cannot be currently receiving prescription testosterone therapy (eg, testosterone cypionate, testosterone enanthate, testosterone pellet, testosterone undecanoate) or on a testosterone booster or prescription testosterone (eg, DHEA, Omnadren®, Sustanon®, testosterone cypionate, testosterone enanthate, testosterone propionate, testosterone phenylpropionate, tribulus).
- Cannot have a health condition and/or pre-existing or dormant dermatologic disease on the face (eg, psoriasis, rosacea, acne conglobata, nodules, or cysts, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, severe excoriations).
- Cannot have an observable sunburn, suntan, scars, nevi, excessive hair, tattoos, or other dermal conditions on the face.
- Cannot have a history of immunosuppression/immune deficiency disorders (including HIV infection, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis), organ transplant (heart, kidney, etc), or currently using oral or systemic immunosuppressive medications and biologics (eg, azathioprine, belimumab, Cimzia®, Cosentyx®, cyclophosphamide, cyclosporine, Enbrel®, Humira®, Imuran®, Kineret®, mycophenolate mofetil, methotrexate, Orencia®, prednisone, Remicade®, Rituxan®, Siliq™, Simponi®, Stelara®, Taltz®) and/or undergoing radiation or chemotherapy.
- Cannot be currently using or having regularly used corticosteroids (systemic or topical, not nasal or ocular) within the past 4 weeks (including but not limited to betamethasone, clobetasol, desoximetasone, diflorasone, fluocinonide, fluticasone, mometasone, halcinonide, and halobetasol).
- Cannot have a disease such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, high blood pressure or high/low thyroid that is not controlled by diet or medication.
- Cannot have started a long-term medication within the last 2 months.
- Cannot have any planned surgeries or invasive medical procedures during the course of the study.
- Cannot be currently participating in any other clinical trial at Stephens, another research facility, or doctor’s office.
- Cannot have participated in any clinical trial involving the test area within 4 weeks prior to inclusion into the study at Stephens, at another research facility or doctor’s office.
- Cannot have started hormone replacement therapies (HRT) or hormones for birth control less than 3 months prior to study entry or who plan on starting, stopping, or changing doses of HRT or hormones for birth control during the study.
Click Continue to apply!
- Click Continue to Apply!
November 16, 2018 - March 31, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Online event registration and ticketing powered by Event Espresso