Venue: Dallas Research Center
Venue Phone: 833-530-7596Address:
The objective of this study is to assess the effectiveness of different adhesive bandages on wounds on the inner (palm side) forearms. During the study you will have 8 wounds (each 6mm in size, which is 1mm larger than the size of a pencil eraser) made on your forearms with a dermatological laser. You will be required to wear the adhesive bandages on the wounds for 16 days. Wound healing will be assessed up to Day 28.
Visits and Compensation:
This study requires you to visit the clinic for 20 visits at screening, baseline (Day 0), Days 1-16, Day 21, and Day 28. Please note that this will require weekend study visits. You may be compensated up to $1350 for time and travel.
Study Requirements (PLEASE READ – YOU MUST MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY):
|Gender||Age||Fitzpatrick Skin type||Break Period|
|Males and Females||25-55 years||II or III Determine your Fitzpatrick Skin Type Here!||30 days for a study including topical or systemic investigational drug;
10 days for any other study
- Uniform skin color on both inner (palm side) forearms
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Generally in good health
- Must have access to a computer or phone with internet access to complete online
- Must be willing to have temporary (semi-permanent) dot- tattoos applied to locations on the inner
- Must be willing to have topical anesthetic and 8 laser wounds (each 6mm in size, ~1mm larger than a pencil eraser) generated on the inner
- Cannot use topical leave-on products on the inner forearms within 1 week prior to Visit
- Cannot have known allergies, hypersensitivity, or negative reactions to anesthetics, adhesive bandages, latex, or wound treatment
- Cannot have excessive hair or tattoos on either inner
- Cannot have a body mass index (BMI) above 35. Calculate your BMI here.
- Cannot have a known history of a blood-clotting disorder, keloid formation, or a cardiovascular, hepatic (liver), or renal (kidney)
- Cannot have skin conditions such as active psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, skin dermatoses, keloids, hypertrophic scars, cracked/excoriated skin, acne scars, pigmentation, friable skin, or clinically infected skin lesions.
- Cannot have a known history of severe systemic immune system disorders such as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), Scleroderma, chronic connective tissue disorders, Poly Arteritis Nodosa, or immunodeficiency, including HIV
- Cannot have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes or be taking insulin or another anti-diabetic
- Cannot have an uncontrolled chronic disease such as hypertension, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, or active or recently treated (within 1 year) skin
- Females Only: Cannot be pregnant or planning to become pregnant during the
- Cannot be an alcohol or drug
- Cannot be or live with someone who is a current employee of any company that makes adhesive bandages or first aid products
- Cannot be using the following medications:
|Antibiotics, corticosteroids, immunosuppressive agents, anti-coagulants, antiplatelet drugs, cytotoxic agents, continuous aspirin therapy, chemotherapy, or daily medications for chronic asthma||Within 1 month before Visit 1|
|Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or steroidal drugs. Low dose aspirin (81 mg per day) is allowed.||Within 5 days before Visit 1|
|Antihistamines||Within 2 weeks before Visit 1|
|Oral or topical vitamin A derivatives such as Accutane, isotretinoin, or retinoic acid||Within the past 1 year|
- Click Continue to Apply!
July 23, 2019 - August 22, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm