Venue: Dallas Research Center
Venue Phone: 833-530-7596Address:
1801 N. Glenville Drive, Richardson, Texas, 75081, United States
You may be compensated up to $450-$675 for time and travel.
Study Requirements (PLEASE READ – YOU MUST MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY):
- Female, 40 to 65 years of age.
- Having Fitzpatrick skin type I-III Determine your type here
- Having mild to moderate fine lines and wrinkles on the global face.
- Must not have had any of the following treatments on the face or arm in the past 6 months and are willing to withhold all treatments during the course of the study including facials, facial peels, photo facials, non-ablative laser treatments, dermabrasion, botulinum toxin (Botox®), injectable filler treatments, intense pulsed light (IPL), acid treatments, tightening treatments, or any other treatment administered by a physician or skin care professional designed to improve the appearance or firmness of skin. Waxing and threading of the face (not arms) are allowed but not laser hair removal.
- Must not have had in the past 12 months and are willing to withhold during the study, Thermage or Ultherapy treatments or an equivalent type of high energy treatments, facial plastic surgery or ablative laser resurfacing of the face and arms.
- Cannot have been diagnosed with known allergies to facial skin care products.
- Cannot be nursing, pregnant, or planning to become pregnant during the study
- Cannot have a history of skin cancer within the past 5 years.
- Cannot be currently using or have used any of the following medications within the noted time frame prior to the study start:
- Oral isotretinoin (Accutane®) within the last 6 months
- Avita®, Differin®, Renova®, Retin-A®, Retin-A Micro®, Soriatane®, Tazorac® or other prescription retinoids or retinol over 0.1% within 6 months
- Prescription-strength skin-lightening products (eg, hydroquinone, tretinoin, alpha/beta/poly-hydroxy acids, 4-hydroxyanisole alone or in combination with tretinoin, etc) within 4 months.
- Any anti-wrinkle, skin-lightening, or other product or topical or systemic medication known to affect skin aging or dyschromia (eg, products containing alpha/beta/poly-hydroxy acids, emblica extract, Gigawhite, hydroquinone, lemon juice extract [topically], Q-10, soy, systemic or licorice extract [topically], Tego® Cosmo C250, vitamin C, resorcinol, turmeric [topically]) or less than or equal to 0.1% retinols within 8 weeks.
- Cannot additionally for arms, use of AHA within 6 months on the arms, or those with dry skin and/or who regularly use moisturizer on their arms to relieve dryness.
- Cannot have a health condition and/or pre-existing or dormant dermatologic disease on the face or forearms (eg, psoriasis, rosacea, acne [severe acne, acne conglobata, nodules, or cysts], eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, severe excoriations.
- Cannot have observable sunburn, suntan, scars, nevi, excessive hair, tattoos, or other dermal conditions on the test sites.
- Cannot have a history of hepatitis, immunosuppression/immune deficiency disorders (including HIV infection, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis), organ transplant (heart, kidney, etc), or currently using oral or systemic immunosuppressive medications and biologics (eg, azathioprine, belimumab, Cimzia®, Cosentyx®, cyclophosphamide, cyclosporine, Enbrel®, Humira®, Imuran®, Kineret®, mycophenolate mofetil, methotrexate, Orencia®, prednisone, Remicade®, Rituxan®, Siliq™, Simponi®, Stelara®, Taltz®) and/or undergoing radiation or chemotherapy.
- Cannot be currently using or having regularly used corticosteroids (systemic or topical, not nasal or ocular) within the past 4 weeks (including but not limited to betamethasone, clobetasol, desoximetasone, diflorasone, fluocinonide, fluticasone, mometasone, halcinonide, and halobetasol).
- Cannot have a disease such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, high blood pressure or high/low thyroid that is not controlled by diet or medication.
- Cannot have started a long-term medication within the last 2 months.
- Cannot have any planned surgeries or invasive medical procedures during the course of the study.
- Cannot be currently participating in any other clinical trial at Stephens, another research facility, or doctor’s office.
- Cannot be currently participated in any clinical trial involving the test areas (face and arm) within 4 weeks prior to inclusion into the study at Stephens, at another research facility or doctor’s office.
- Cannot have started hormone replacement therapies (HRT) or hormones for birth control less than 3 months prior to study entry or who plan on starting, stopping, or changing doses of HRT or hormones for birth control during the study.
- Biopsy subjects only:
- Must be willing to have two 3-mm punch biopsies taken from the forearms (one biopsy from each arm).
- Must be willing to have blood drawn to screen for blood-borne pathogens including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B (HBV), and hepatitis C (HCV).
- Cannot have a medical history of allergy, hypersensitivity or any serious reaction to local antibiotic or antiseptic, local anesthesia, having any treatment which may affect the blood coagulation and hemostasis (anti-coagulant medications, including Coumadin, Heparin, Plavix, chronic NSAID use, etc)
- Cannot have a history of developing abnormal pigmentation responses (skin color changes) such as hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation from medical procedures such as surgical incision and skin biopsies, or a history of healing defects such as hypertrophy or keloid scarring.
- Cannot be currently or frequently using anti-inflammatory medication for a defined medical condition as determined by the study documentation. Low dose aspirin (≤81mg per day) is acceptable.
- Cannot have a history of systemic granulomatous diseases, active or inactive, (eg, sarcoidosis, Wegener’s granulomatosis, tuberculosis) or connective tissue diseases (eg lupus, dermatomyositis).
- Cannot have been diagnosed with hepatitis or acute or chronic renal insufficiency
Click Continue to Apply!
- Click Continue to Apply!
October 11, 2018 - December 31, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Online event registration and ticketing powered by Event Espresso