Venue: Dallas Research Center
Venue Phone: 833-530-7596Address:
Compensation: You may be compensated up to $400 for time and travel.
Study Requirements (PLEASE READ – YOU MUST MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY):
|Gender||Age||Fitzpatrick Skin type||Break Period|
|Females||20 to 65 years of age||I-V Determine your Fitzpatrick Skin Type Here!||2 weeks|
- Melasma is brown to grey-brown patches on face. (Can be caused by pregnancy)
- Must not have had skin cancer within the past 10 years.
- Cannot currently be participating in another study at Stephens, another research facility or doctor’s office.
- Click Here to see standard requirements for All Stephens Studies!
Must meet one or both of the study qualifications below for the face or hands:
Qualifications on the face:
- Must have mild to moderate hyperpigmentation (dark patches or spots) due to melasma on both sides of the face. Photo examples of melasma can be found here under Facial photoaging. Learn more about what melasma is here: https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/color-problems/melasma
Qualifications on the hands:
- Must have mild to moderate age spots on both hands. Age spots must be visible in photos.
- Must be willing to use only natural/neutral or no nail polish and willing to not dramatically change the appearance of the nails for the duration of the study.
- Must be willing to refrain from washing hands for at least 1 hour after application of test material to the hands.
- Must not have protruding veins or bones on the hands.
- Must not have a health condition or a pre-existing or dormant disease of the fingernails (fungal or bacterial infection; hyperpigmented, bruised or striated nails due to trauma; split or cracking nails, etc).
- Must not have poor skin or fingernail hygiene and/or unkempt appearance of the hands or fingernails.
- Must not apply facial products or treatments on the back of the hands and/or place, foundation, etc, on the back of the hand prior to applying the product to the face.
- Must not have a pet, or planning to obtain one within 12 weeks, that might produce bites, cuts or scratches on the hands.
- Click Continue to Apply!
July 23, 2019 - August 22, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm