Venue: Dallas Research Center
Venue Phone: 833-530-7596Address:
1801 N. Glenville Drive, Richardson, Texas, 75081, United States
Compensation: You may be compensated up to $425 for time and travel.
Study Requirements (PLEASE READ – YOU MUST MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY):
- Female, 25 to 55 years of age.
- Having Fitzpatrick skin type III-VI Determine your type here.
- Having mild to moderate
- Uneven skin tone
- At least 25 subjects in each cell: Dark spot intensity
- At least 25 subjects in each cell: post-inflammation hyperpigmentation (PIH)
- Approximately 50% of subjects must have sensitive skin.
- Must not have had any facial treatments in the past 6 months and are willing to withhold all facial treatments during the course of the study including facials, facial peels, photo facials, laser treatments, dermabrasion, botulinum toxin (Botox®), injectable filler treatments, intense pulsed light (IPL), acid treatments, tightening treatments, facial plastic surgery, or any other treatment administered by a physician or skin care professional designed to improve the appearance or firmness of facial skin. Threading is allowed but not waxing or facial laser hair removal.
- Must have safe usage of current skin care products and color cosmetics, if applicable, for at least 30 days prior to study start.
- Must agree to avoid excessive sun exposure and use of artificial tanning beds during the study and for one week after study completion.
- Cannot have been diagnosed with known allergies to facial skin care products.
- Cannot be lactating, pregnant, or planning to become pregnant .
- Cannot have a history of skin cancer within the past 5 years.
- Cannot be currently using or have used any of the following medications within the noted time frame prior to the study start:
- Oral isotretinoin (Accutane®) within the last 6 months
- Avita®, Differin®, Renova®, Retin-A®, Retin-A Micro®, Soriatane®, or Tazorac® within 3 months
- Prescription-strength fade creams or skin-lightening products (eg, hydroquinone, tretinoin, alpha/beta/poly-hydroxy acids, 4-hydroxyanisole alone or in combination with tretinoin, etc) within 6 months.
- Any OTC fade cream within 6 months
- Any anti-wrinkle, skin-lightening, or other product or topical or systemic medication known to affect skin aging or dyschromia (eg, products containing resorcinol, alpha/beta/poly-hydroxy acids, emblica extract, Gigawhite, lemon juice extract [topically], Q-10, soy, licorice extract, Tego® Cosmo C250, vitamin C) within 4 weeks.
- Cannot have a health condition and/or pre-existing or dormant dermatologic disease on the face (eg, psoriasis, rosacea, acne [severe acne, acne conglobata, nodules, or cysts], eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, severe excoriations).
- Cannot have observable sunburn, suntan, scars, nevi, excessive hair, tattoos, or other dermal conditions on the test sites.
- Cannot have a history of immunosuppression/immune deficiency disorders (including HIV infection, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis), organ transplant (heart, kidney, etc), or currently using oral or systemic immunosuppressive medications and biologics (eg, azathioprine, belimumab, Cimzia®, Cosentyx®, cyclophosphamide, cyclosporine, Enbrel®, Humira®, Imuran®, Kineret®, mycophenolate mofetil, methotrexate, Orencia®, prednisone, Remicade®, Rituxan®, Siliq™, Simponi®, Stelara®, Taltz®) and/or undergoing radiation or chemotherapy.
- Cannot be currently using or having regularly used corticosteroids (systemic or topical, not nasal or ocular) within the past 4 weeks (including but not limited to betamethasone, clobetasol, desoximetasone, diflorasone, fluocinonide, fluticasone, mometasone, halcinonide, and halobetasol).
- Cannot have a disease such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, high blood pressure or high/low thyroid that is not controlled by diet or medication.
- Cannot have started a long-term medication within the last 2 months.
- Cannot currently be using any regimen of steroid/non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or anti-histamines.
- Cannot have any planned surgeries or invasive medical procedures during the course of the study. Cannot be currently participating in any other clinical trial at Stephens, another research facility, or doctor’s office.
- Cannot have participated in any clinical trial involving the test area within 2 weeks prior to inclusion into the study at Stephens, at another research facility or doctor’s office.
- Cannot have started hormone replacement therapies (HRT) or hormones for birth control less than 3 months prior to study entry or who plan on starting, stopping, or changing doses of HRT or hormones for birth control during the study.
Click Continue to Apply!
- Click Continue to Apply!
October 24, 2018 - January 31, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Online event registration and ticketing powered by Event Espresso