Venue: Dallas Research Center
Venue Phone: 833-530-7596Address:
1801 N. Glenville Drive, Richardson, Texas, 75081, United States
Compensation: You may be compensated up to $275 for time and travel.
Study Requirements (PLEASE READ – YOU MUST MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY):
- Female, 35 to 65 years of age.
- Having Fitzpatrick skin type I-VI Determine your type here
- Having mild to moderate scores for the following parameters on the indicated locations:
- Cheek smoothness (visual, no crepiness)
- Uneven skin tone on the global face
- Visible pore appearance on the global face
- Must not have had any facial treatments in the past 6 months and willing to withhold all facial treatments during the course of the study including facials, facial peels, photo facials, laser treatments, dermabrasion, botulinum toxin (Botox®), injectable filler treatments, intense pulsed light (IPL), acid treatments, tightening treatments, facial plastic surgery, or any other treatment administered by a physician or skin care professional designed to improve the appearance or firmness of facial skin. Waxing and threading are allowed but not facial laser hair removal.
- Cannot have been diagnosed with known allergies to facial skin care products.
- Cannot be nursing, pregnant, or planning to become pregnant during the study.
- Cannot have a history of skin cancer within the past 5 years.
- Cannot be routinely using a topical OTC acne product (eg, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, alpha hydroxyl, beta hydroxyl and/or poly-hydroxy products or medicated cleansers, wipes, masks, scrubs, gels and creams) within 30 days of study entry.
- Cannot be individuals using or who have used any systemic medication considered to affect the course of acne, specifically, but not exclusively, antibiotics or steroids, within 3 months prior to entry into the study.
- Cannot be currently using or have used any of the following medications within the noted time frame prior to the study start:
- Oral or topical prescription medications for acne such as doxycycline, minocycline, clindamycin, bactrim, tetracycline, erythromycin, vibramycin, azelaic acid, benzoyl peroxide, Dapsone, or sodium sulfacetamide within 3 months.
- Oral isotretinoin (Accutane®) within the last 6 months Avita®, Differin®, Renova®, Retin-A®, Retin-A Micro®, Soriatane®, or Tazorac® within 3 months
- Prescription-strength skin-lightening products (eg, hydroquinone, tretinoin, alpha/beta/poly-hydroxy acids, 4-hydroxyanisole alone or in combination with tretinoin, etc) within 3 months.
- OTC (over-the-counter) anti-wrinkle, skin-lightening, or other product or topical or systemic medication known to affect skin aging or dyschromia (eg, products containing alpha/beta/poly-hydroxy acids, emblica extract, Gigawhite, hydroquinone, lemon juice extract [topically], Q-10, soy, systemic or licorice extract [topically], Tego® Cosmo C250, vitamin C) within 2 weeks.
- Cannot have a health condition and/or pre-existing or dormant dermatologic disease on the face (eg, psoriasis, rosacea, acne [severe acne, acne conglobata, nodules, or cysts], eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, severe excoriations).
- Cannot have observable sunburn, suntan, scars, nevi, excessive hair, tattoos, or other dermal conditions on the face.
- Cannot have a history of immunosuppression/immune deficiency disorders (including HIV infection, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis), organ transplant (heart, kidney, etc), or currently using oral or systemic immunosuppressive medications and biologics (eg, azathioprine, belimumab, Cimzia®, Cosentyx®, cyclophosphamide, cyclosporine, Enbrel®, Humira®, Imuran®, Kineret®, mycophenolate mofetil, methotrexate, Orencia®, prednisone, Remicade®, Rituxan®, Siliq™, Simponi®, Stelara®, Taltz®) and/or undergoing radiation or chemotherapy.
- Cannot be currently using or having regularly used corticosteroids (systemic or topical, not nasal or ocular) within the past 4 weeks (including but not limited to betamethasone, clobetasol, desoximetasone, diflorasone, fluocinonide, fluticasone, mometasone, halcinonide, and halobetasol).
- Cannot have a disease such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, high blood pressure or high/low thyroid that is not controlled by diet or medication.
- Cannot have started a long-term medication within the last 2 months.
- Cannot have any planned surgeries or invasive medical procedures during the course of the study.
- Cannot be currently participating in any other clinical trial at Stephens, another research facility, or doctor’s office.
- Cannot participated in any clinical trial involving the test area within 2 weeks prior to inclusion into the study at Stephens, at another research facility or doctor’s office.
- Cannot have started hormone replacement therapies (HRT) or hormones for birth control less than 3 months prior to study entry or who plan on starting, stopping, or changing doses of HRT or hormones for birth control during the study.
- Cannot have a sensitivity to tape or having thin skin that would be damaged by repeated tape removal.
- Cannot be routinely have excess exposure to sun via outdoor activities (eg, sunbathing).
Click Continue to Apply!
- Click Continue to Apply!
September 20, 2018 - October 20, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm