Kids Wound Healing Study
Compensation: You may be compensated up to $150 for time and travel.
Study Requirements (PLEASE READ – YOU MUST MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY):
|Gender||Age||Fitzpatrick Skin type||Break Period|
|Males and Females||2 to 17 years of age||I-VI Determine your Fitzpatrick Skin Type Here!||2 weeks|
- Must have a recent minor cut, scrape, abrasion, blister, or 1st degree burn (including sunburn) that occurred within 48 hours of study start and has not been treated with anything other than nonmedicated cleanser and nonmedicated bandage such as a plain Band-Aid.
- Must have a parent/legal guardian who is 18 years of age or older and willing, to sign a photography release and provide written informed consent and able to read, speak, write, and understand English.
- Must have a parent/legal guardian who is 18 years of age or older and presents proof of guardianship (eg, birth certificate, adoption certificate, insurance card, certificate of residence, or copy of officially issued family registration) at first visit.
- Cannot have clinically active bacterial, fungal, or viral skin infections or those who have a history of skin infections.
- Cannot have a skin rash related to food or medicine allergies.
- Cannot have a health condition and/or pre-existing or dormant dermatologic disease on the test area (eg, psoriasis, rosacea, acne [severe acne, acne conglobata, nodules, or cysts], eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, severe excoriations).
- Cannot have observable scars, nevi, excessive hair, tattoos, or other dermal conditions on the test area.
- Cannot have a history of immunosuppression/immune deficiency disorders (including HIV infection, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis), organ transplant (heart, kidney, etc), or currently using oral or systemic immunosuppressive medications and biologics (eg, azathioprine, belimumab, Cimzia®, Cosentyx®, cyclophosphamide, cyclosporine, Enbrel®, Humira®, Imuran®, Kineret®, mycophenolate mofetil, methotrexate, Orencia®, prednisone, Remicade®, Rituxan®, Siliq™, Simponi®, Stelara®, Taltz®) and/or undergoing radiation or chemotherapy.
- Cannot be currently using or having regularly used corticosteroids (systemic or topical, not nasal or ocular) within the past 4 weeks (including but not limited to betamethasone, clobetasol, desoximetasone, diflorasone, fluocinonide, fluticasone, mometasone, halcinonide, and halobetasol).
- Cannot have a disease such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, hypertension, hyperthyroidism, or hypothyroidism that is not controlled by diet or medication. Individuals having multiple health conditions may be excluded from participation even if the conditions are controlled by diet, medication, etc.
- Cannot have a parent/legal guardian with a known condition of asthma, any related breathing problems, or lung related conditions, and/or for whom there is a family history of asthma.
- Cannot have an active localized or general infection, including upper respiratory infection (ear, nose, throat, fever, cough, etc).
- Cannot have started a long-term medication within the last 2 months.
∗Cannot currently be participating in another study at Stephens, another research facility or doctor’s office
Fill out the below fields to apply!
Please note: You must be using Safari, Firefox or Chrome.