Can moisturizer be used as eye cream?
“Generally speaking, moisturizers can be used as an eye cream. However, the composition of a moisturizer may not be as suitable for the skin around the eyes, given how delicate and thin the area is. An eye cream is specifically formulated to be gentle.
What is the difference between eye cream and moisturizer?
“Eye creams are formulated specifically for the delicate skin around the eye, so they tend to be thicker. They contain more oil than a regular facial lotion, and they have a lot of active ingredients aimed at the problems we see around the eyes,” Farris explains.
Should you moisturize your eyelids?
If you have dry eyelids, you should definitely be moisturizing them, but be careful — some eye creams are more targeted toward preventing wrinkles than just regular moisturizing, and so could contain ingredients that are fine for normal skin, but which your eyelids can’t handle.
How can I hydrate my eye area?
Tips to Keep Your Eyes Hydrated
- Use artificial tears throughout the day if you are prone to dry eyes. …
- Remember to blink when you use your computer, read, or play video games. …
- Use a humidifier in your home during the fall and winter to keep the air moist.
- Stay away from cigarette smoke, which tends to dry out your eyes.
What moisturizer is safe to use on eyelids?
Products marked as hypoallergenic, like Vaseline® Jelly Original, are ideal as they’re formulated to reduce the possibility of irritation or allergic reaction. We recommend applying Vaseline® Jelly on eyelids because some regular moisturizers and creams are not always safe to use on the eye area.
What moisturizer can you use on eyelids?
Vaseline, a brand-name form of petroleum jelly, can moisturize dry skin all over the body, including the eyelids. Petroleum jelly is a thick jelly that creates a moisture barrier, helping to trap moisture in the skin and protect the skin from the elements.
Is Vaseline safe for eyes?
Vaseline is safe to use around the skin of your eyes and on your eyelashes. According to research , allergic reactions to petroleum jelly are rare, making this a good choice for people who are sensitive to other products.
How do you moisturize dry eyelids?
Here are ways to treat dry skin on your eyelids:
- Add moisture to your environment, such as with a humidifier.
- Avoid exposure to hot water by taking cooler, shorter showers and baths, and by washing your face only once a day.
- Clean your face with soaps and facial cleansers that are fragrance-free and gentle on your skin.
How do you take care of the skin around your eyes?
3 Do’s and Don’ts for Tending to the Skin Around Your Eyes
- Do Commit to Treating Your Eye Skin.
- Don’t Rely on Your Regular Facial Moisturizer to Get the Job Done.
- Do Opt for Actives When Choosing an Eye Cream.
- Dark Circles.
- Puffy Bags.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles.
- Redness and Irritation.